American Legion Walter Le Pere Post 208 a 501c(19) non-profit Veterans’ Organization is selling $5 dollar reservation tickets in their Queen of Hearts Raffle starting on Thursday, March 18, 2021. Tickets sales will stop and this raffle will conclude when the “Queen of Hearts” playing card or a “Joker” playing card is selected by the raffle winner. Tickets are available online for purchase until 15 minutes prior to the Raffle Drawing, which will be conducted virtually online. You must be a US Citizen and at least 18 years of age to play. You agree you are purchasing reservation ticket(s). The reservation ticket(s) will be converted into raffle tickets at the Non-Profit’s location just before the drawing, and are subject to the raffle laws in their city and state.
Due to the Covid-19 virus, we will not have a physical drawing but rather a virtual drawing at the American Legion Walter Le Pere Post 208 located at 225 Old Sulphur Spring Rd., Manchester, Mo. The drawing will be conducted virtually online. Drawing will be held every Thursday at 5:30pm starting on March 25, 2021, unless notice is provided of a different date/time. Drawings will not be held on Holidays.
If your ticket is drawn and your winning card is the Queen of Hearts, you will win 50% of the Jackpot and the game will end. If your ticket is drawn and your winning card is a Joker, you will receive 10% of the Jackpot, the game will end, and the remaining Jackpot amount will roll over to a new Queen of Hearts raffle. Only 1 ticket will be drawn in the virtual online drawing. This paragraph supersedes all paragraphs to the contrary below.
1. All reservation tickets are available on line to the public at $5.00 per ticket. For every 5 tickets purchased during a single transaction ($25), the ticket buyer will receive an extra 1 ticket FREE. There is a limit of $1,000 of tickets that may be purchased in a single transaction. Ticket sales, drawing time will be posted online at: https;//www.goraisedough.com/tickets.html/700
2. There can only be one name per ticket. Each ticket must include the following:
a. Legal first and Last Name---[No nicknames, aliases, or abbreviations]
b. Contact phone number including area code
c. Card slot choice for each ticket purchased, unless you select that you want the computer to pick the card slots for your purchased tickets.
d. Any free tickets awarded from sale incentives, the card slot choice will be randomized based off of the available card slots left on the board.
3. The beginning Jackpot on Thursday March 25, 2021 will be $2,000.
Tickets will be bought online and given a ticket serial number with a “board card slot designation” (can be chosen or randomized) when purchased. Any ticket earned through incentives (buyer or seller) will automatically be randomly assigned an available card slot. There will be no duplicate winners during a Drawing.
The board will be represented by an electronic graphic that displays all cards with corresponding card slot numbers. Only those cards chosen week in and out will be revealed. Each week the cards that are left (unrevealed) are shuffled and reassigned card slot numbers so there is no way to hack the system and see what card slot has the Queen of Hearts. Since the weekly shuffle and electronic randomization happens after ticket sales close for that weeks’ drawing, it ensures that it is impossible to have prior knowledge and thus cheating the system.
Prize Distribution Schedule:
Ticket #1 --- Queen of Hearts Jackpot ---- 50% of the Total Jackpot is paid to the Winner [less previous paid prizes]. The remainder 50% goes to American Legion Walter Le Pere Post 208.
The first ticket electronically drawn will get the chance to reveal the “card slot” number that was chosen on the board. If the Queen of Hearts is revealed that person will win 50% of the total Jackpot. If a Joker playing card is revealed that person will win 10% of the total Jackpot. Only 1 ticket is drawn during the Drawing.
All drawings will be conducted virtually online. The First ticket drawn other than the Queen of Hearts card have prizes as follows:
(A) Joker revealed = 10% of Total Jackpot
(B) Any other Queen = $100.00
(C) Any Ace = $75.00
(D) Any other face card = $50.00
(E) Any other numeral valued card (2 – 10 of any suite) = $25.00
The total Jackpot prize pool will continue to accumulate weekly (progressive) and will roll over each week until the Queen of Hearts playing card or a Joker playing card is selected. The Jackpot prize pool amount is based on ticket sales, and will be updated daily and prominently displayed online at:
There are 54 “card slots” with a unique playing card [52 playing cards plus 2 jokers] randomly associated to each “card slot”. When a winning ticket holder’s "card slot” is selected during the drawing, the playing card in their selected “card slot” is revealed, and that “card slot” and revealed playing card becomes extinct during the remainder of this raffle.
For every ticket purchased the ticket purchaser will be allowed to pick a “card slot,” or let the computer randomly pick a “card slot.” The ticket purchaser holding the winning ticket will have their “card slot” revealed electronically during the drawing on Thursday nights, and shared via an email to all ticket purchasers within 48 hours of the drawing. The raffle winner will be contacted by American Legion Walter Le Pere Post 208 within 15 days of their drawing to collect their winnings.
Once a card has been selected, that card will be permanently removed from play and shown face up on the electronic board. Each week after the drawing, all tickets purchase will be deleted from the raffle. Tickets purchased for a specific week, will only be valid for that week’s drawing. All tickets will be tracked and verified each week.
Queen of Hearts Jackpot Amount:
The Queen of Hearts Jackpot Amount is 80% of the total revenue generated since the beginning of the raffle, less all moneys won by previous ticket winners.
Tax and Report Matters:
If a prize greater than $599 is award, the winner must confirm his/her identity and SSN number by completing and signing such documents as may be required under state and/or federal law and IRS Form W-2G. Furthermore, the winner may be subject to federal and/or state withholding. Winnings will not be distributed until all documents required by law or regulation have been completed and signed. This may take up to two weeks or more. If a player is unwilling or unable to complete, sign or provide any of the required documents, the prize money will revert to the American Legion Walter Le Pere Post 208. The treasurer will issue a check to the winner once a W-2G is fully completed. Checks will not be mailed and must be picked up in person during American Legion Walter Le Pere Post 208 hours unless other arrangements have been made.
A winner may not donate the prize without first taking ownership of the prize, which means the appropriate and required state and federal documents must be completed, signed and issued, and any appropriate withholdings taken. If the winner wishes to donate the prize once he/she has taken ownership of the prize, he/she may do so.
General Terms and Conditions:
1. If you do not agree with the rules of this game, there is no obligation to play. By entering this raffle, all contestants agree to be bound by these rules. American Legion Walter Le Pere Post 208 shall be solely responsible for interpreting and applying these rules, and its interpretation and application shall be final and binding.
2. Only individuals 18 years or older at the time of purchase may enter the raffle, and any purchase by individuals under 18 shall be invalid and not eligible for any winnings.
3. American Legion Walter Le Pere Post 208 reserves the right to amend these rules as needed with reasonable notice posted on the American Legion Walter Le Pere Website: www.legionpost208.org.
4. American Legion Walter Le Pere Post 208 reserves the right to cancel this raffle at any time, for any reason, by posting reasonable notice. Anything to the contrary, in these rules, multiple drawings of raffle tickets for the same jackpot amount may take place during one week’s drawing night, until a winning ticket, indicating playing card number corresponding to the Queen of Hearts, is ultimately drawn.
Disclaimer, Release and Limitation of Remedy:
American Legion Walter Le Pere Post 208, its Executive Committee, Officers, Home Board Members, Volunteers and any person or entity working with any of them in connection with the Raffle, assume no responsibility and shall not be responsible for any lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, illegible entries or failure to receive entries.
By entering this Raffle: Each entrant agrees that for himself or herself, and his or her heirs, administrators, executors, personal representatives and assigns, release and hold harmless American Legion Walter Le Pere Pos 208, its Executive Committee, Officers, Home Board Members, Volunteers and any person or entity working in conjunction with American Legion Walter Le Peres Post 208 in connection with the Raffle (released Entities), from any and all claims, demands, and causes of action (except claims for gross negligence and intentional torts), whether arising in tort or contract, in law or in equity, for any and all injury, loss or damage, caused or claimed to be caused by entrant’s participation in the Raffle. Each entrant also agrees that the released entities are not responsible for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact of in law, relating to the Raffle. Each entrant further agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Raffle shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action ; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Raffle, but in no event attorney’s fees; (iii) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain any award for, and hereby waive all rights to claim punitive,incidental or consequential damages, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Each entrants sole and exclusive remedy for any claim arising out of or related in any way to entrant’s participation in this Raffle shall be limited to the purchase price paid for his or her tickets in connection with the weekly drawing at issue.
The fine print
- All information gathered as a result of this Raffle will not be provided to any 3rd party, except as required by law.
- The Raffle is open only to legal residents of the United States and winner(s) must be 18 years or older at the time of entry.
- All prizes are subject to, and the winners are fully responsible for federal, state and local income taxes. "www.GoRaiseDough.com", LADS Network Solutions, Inc., nor the non-profit organization you purchased the raffle ticket from has NO responsibility for the payment of any taxes associated with the prize (except for the responsibility to comply with the withholding regulations and requirements of the taxing authorities involved).
- The prizes will be awarded on the dates above.
- Employees of "www.GoRaiseDough.com", LADS Network Solutions, Inc., and their immediate families are not eligible to participate. Media sponsors, their employees and their immediate families are not eligible to win any prize.
- "www.GoRaiseDough.com", LADS Network Solutions, Inc., and the non-profit running the raffle maintain NO control of the personnel, equipment or operations of any supplier and assumes no responsibility for any financial loss, personal injury, property damage, other loss, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity which winners may experience by reason of (1) performance/nonperformance by any supplier; (2) wrongful, careless, negligent, or unauthorized acts or omissions on the part of any supplier or its employees, or on the part of any other party not under the control of go raise dough or the non-profit organization; (3) any defect, breakdown or other failure of any aircraft, train, automobile, ship, accommodation, or other equipment or instrumentality owned, operated, or otherwise used by a supplier or;(4) any acts of god, acts or omissions of third parties, damage or loss associated with any terrorist activities, social or labor unrest, mechanical or construction failures, disease, local laws, climactic conditions, or other conditions or developments.
- "Www.GoRaiseDough.com", LADS Network Solutions, Inc., and/or the non-profit organization shall in NO event be liable for special or consequential damages arising from the use or ownership of any prizes. Participants hereby release the non-profit organization, "www.goraisedough.com", and LADS Network Solutions, Inc., from all claims.
- All sales of Raffle tickets are final. There will be NO refunds.
- Winners have 15 calendar days from drawing to claim their prize. In the event a winner is non-compliant with requirement, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited.
- To claim a prize, the winner may be asked to provide a ticket stub or printed verification (from online purchase) and/or a valid driver's license or state issued picture ID that matches name on selected ticket stub or printed verification.
- Group Entries - Any number of individuals can join into a group to purchase ticket(s). Participants in a group entry must identify "one person" as the individual to whom a prize would be awarded and that person's name must be listed as the entrant in the "Buyer's Name" field on the ticket purchase form. It is the SOLE responsibility of the participants in the group entry to allocate any winning prize(s).
- The odds of winning depend upon the number of tickets sold.
- The IRS states that the amount paid for chances in raffles, lotteries or similar drawings for valuable prizes are not gifts, and consequently do not qualify as deductible charitable contributions.
- IRS Form 1099 will be issued to winners and must be claimed on the winner's income tax statement.
- The winner will allow LADS Network Solutions, Inc. and the non-profit running the raffle the right to use their name and/or likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation. The winner may be required to complete a statement of eligibility, release of liability and publicity release. Failure to do so will render winner ineligible to receive prize.
- Void where prohibited by law.
Copyright © 2010, 2021 Go Raise Dough, a division of LADS Network Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.